Provide engaging math practice and see childrens math and problem-solving skills improve with Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books! The colorful theme-based activities create enjoyable learning experiences for children and improve their math fluency, number sense, and reasoning skills.
Completely updated to reflect grade-level standards, the new Skill Sharpeners: Math books are ideal for enrichment, for review, and to help students master must-know skills such as:
– place value
– logical thinking
– algebra and more
Each grade level incorporates the perfect amount of math skill practice and includes word problems that challenge children to apply their understanding. Engaging theme-based units capture childrens interest with colorful visuals to help them solve problems.
Each title includes:
– Rigorous math skill practice that reflects current standards
– New themed units that present math practice in a fun, colorful format
– A downloadable teaching guide that provides teaching tips and support for struggling children
– A Test Your Skills page at the end of each unit that lets students review the skills practiced in that unit
– New math completion certificates (grades PreK2) that give young children a sense of accomplishment
– All-new artwork that engages children with age-appropriate illustrations
Each title includes an answer key.
These activity books help children understand and master important math skills needed to form a strong math foundation and are ideal for at-home practice, homeschooling, and the classroom!
Skill Sharpeners: Math, grade 2 provides practice for the following skills:
– count within 1,000
– add and subtract within 100
– recognize the relationship between addition and subtraction
– identify hundreds, ten, and ones
– count by 1s and 2s within 1,000
– compare and sequence three-digit numbers
– solve multi-step word problems
– tell time to the half-hour
– tell time to the nearest 5 minutes
– calculate amounts with coins and bills
– measure length using centimeters and inches
– divide shapes into equal shares
– read a bar graph
– identify attributes of two- and three-dimensional shapes