Provide engaging math practice and see childrens math and problem-solving skills improve with Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books! The colorful theme-based activities create enjoyable learning experiences for children and improve their math fluency, number sense, and reasoning skills.
-NEW 2021 EDITION!
-INCLUDES DOWNLOADABLE TEACHING GUIDE
Completely updated to reflect grade-level standards, the new Skill Sharpeners: Math books are ideal for enrichment, for review, and to help students master must-know skills such as:
– place value
– logical thinking
– algebra and more
Each title includes:
– Rigorous math skill practice that reflects current standards
– New themed units that present math practice in a colorful, fun format
– A downloadable teaching guide that provides teaching tips and support for struggling children
– A Test Your Skills page at the end of each unit that lets students review the skills practiced in that unit
– All-new artwork that engages children with age-appropriate illustrations
Each title includes an answer key.
These activity books help children understand and master important math skills needed to form a strong math foundation and are ideal for at-home practice, homeschooling, and the classroom!
Skill Sharpeners: Math, grade 6 provides practice for the following skills:
– use positive and negative numbers
– calculate and use rates and ratios
– solve equations with exponents and variables
– add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers
– add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
– calculate with percentages
– graph points on a coordinate grid
– calculate volume
– calculate surface area
– represent three-dimensional figures with nets
– read, create, and interpret bar, circle, and line graphs, and histograms
– find measures of center
– write number patterns as expressions